- Openings 2
- Program length 12
- Start date Late 2021
- Housing Company Provided
- Stipend $12
- Reference # 3113
The goal is to expose J1 Interns and Trainees to as many areas as possible in a 5,000+ head dairy and 20,000+ calf and heifer feedlots. Interns will train at one of our two Arizona locations. Interns will be trained similarly to other Riverview employees to ensure their own personal safety and Riverview’s animal welfare programs are adhered to.
Candidates will be positioned in one of the following two sites of activity:
- North Ottawa Dairy – Wendell, MN
- 5 interns to start from June through Feb 2022. Ideally, each to arrive every 2 months.
Turkey Creek Dairy – Pearce, AZ
- 8 interns for 2021. Two interns arriving every month until the 8 goal is achieved.
- Milking Parlor Technician and Cow Flow
Learn the process and order of the milking parlor
- Calf Nutrition (Milk Rations)
Learn to train calves to drink in bottles and assist in the transitions between different milk rations
- Calf Nutrition (Dry Feed and Water)
Maintain feed and water in front of the calves continuously
- Calf Comfort
Focus on animal welfare through the cleanliness and comfort
- Cow Flow and Prevention
Maintain the flow of cows and animal health with limited use of antibiotics
The perfect candidate is:
- Current student –OR– Recent graduate in Animal Agriculture or related areas of study –OR–
- At least 5 years of related experience in related areas.
- Communication skills in English (Spanish is a plus)
- Passion for Animal Agriculture
- Interest in prioritizing Animal welfare is a must
- Willingness to learn
- Good people skills and willingness to experience cultural exchange with great people.
- This is a 12-month program position
- Work 5 days per week – 56 hours per week average
- Airfare from home county to the training site paid upfront by Host Company and then payroll deducted.
- Airport Pick up from Airport to the site of training (Possible)
- Receive $500 towards your program fee once the visa is approved
- Basic Spanish Required
- Physically Demanding positions
• 50% standing
• 50% walking
• Frequent reaching, stretching, bending, lifting
Earliest start date: ASAP
Housing provided by Host Company.
Dorms style housing – Shared rooms – Fully equipped apartments with utilities (Including internet).
Click here to see some housing photos!