- Openings 4
- Program length 12
- Start date Mid 2021
- Housing Company Provided
- Stipend $11/hour
- Reference # 3230
Kalahari Resort & Conventions are full service vacation destinations including meeting & convention facilities that combine America’s largest indoor Waterparks with the magic of Africa. Located in Pocono Mountains, Pennsylvania, Sandusky, Ohio, Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin, and Round Rock, Texas, Kalahari Resorts & Conventions’ innovative Waterparks, family entertainment centers, luxury spas, adventurous restaurants and convention centers deliver beyond expectations, all under one roof. Whether you’re 3, 83 or anything in-between, we pride ourselves on having something for everyone! Your Pastry internship will include experience in in the bakery and restaurant, as well as banquet operations. With these opportunities, you will be ready to take on your pastry career wherever that path may lead!
- Introduction to Pastry
- Restaurant Rotation Plated Desserts
The perfect candidate:
- Will be willing to learn
- Has excellent attention to detail
- Excellent performance, a positive attitude, and a willingness to learn are extremely important, and participants displaying these qualities will have the opportunity to be rewarded. Participants will start at $11/hour with an evaluation at 6 months that could result in a $0.50/hour raise, taking the hourly rate to $11.50. Other promotions may be available throughout the program that could additionally increase the hourly rate.
- Please note that the $0.50/hour raise and additional promotions are not guaranteed and will be dependent on an individual’s performance and skill.
- This is a 12-month program position
- Multiple leadership classes are available through University of Kalahari to all associates.
- Pocono Mountains is located just 90 minutes from New York City
Latest start date: August 15th 2021
Housing is either dorm-style or mini apartments, where rooms are shared with four other participants. Cost is $105/week, which is payroll deducted.