- Openings 2
- Program length 12
- Start date Late 2022Late 2022
- Housing Participant Arranged
- Stipend $3000/month starting at $7.25 per hour +tipps with avg. $17/hour, but could be lower during the off season
- Reference # 5778
You are an ambassador for the exceptional service and cuisine that are hallmarks of our food & beverage experience. Your warm, personal attention and knowledge of our outstanding offerings makes guests feel unique and valued.
Food & Beverage Summer Intern will be placed in a seasonal role within the operation (at the discretion of Assistant Director of Food & Beverage). This program is designed to be a 10 week program in which Summer Intern will be introduced to Fairmont Service Standards, Service Culture and operations management. This opportunity will provide a thorough understanding of luxury service as it relates to operations, systematics, guest-interaction, management and emotional intelligence.
Please note that moving forward with ALL Fairmont Candidates, each individual must take the Fairmont Assessment to qualify for an interview with the Fairmont. The assessment link can be found below:
Food & Beverage
This link prompts candidates to complete the application. They will need to click on the button “Apply Online”. After they have created their account they will receive another link via email that will bring them to the actual assessment. The assessment is straight forward, they should not overthink their answers. There about 100 questions. The questions are weighted differently depending on a Front of House or back of House position, and pertain to Service Focus, Team Work, Interpersonal Skills, Motivation, and Accountability. The assessment will take about 45 minutes to complete.
Please ask the candidates to take a screenshot of their confirmation page, which will come up after they have completed the assessment. Once you have the screenshots, please send it to us at [email protected] as we will need to check with Fairmont for the results of the Online Assessment.
Training Plan Phases Summary:
- Orientation and introductions to the Host Company
- Food and Beverage Operations
- Front of House Operations
- Supervisory Phase
The perfect candidate is:
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and interact professionally with guests and other employees
- Customer service personality
- Strong work ethic
- Willing to work cooperatively as part of team
- $3000/month starting at $7.25 per hour +tipps with avg. $17/hour, but could be lower during the off season.
- Candidates interested in this position will need to take an Online Assessment (see link above) that is requested by Fairmont Austin. Candidates will either be ‘Recommended’ or ‘Not Recommended’ for the position. Those ‘Recommended’ will then proceed with an interview for the position.
- This is a 12-month program position.
- Cultural activities will be provided.
- Participant Arranged
- $400/Prior to arrival
- Macro House – 4 Students per property
We’ve learned the best way to make new friends is to live with them. But it’s nearly impossible to find a house for all your friends (and your potential friends) to live. That’s where Macro House comes in. We convert large buildings into communal homes with private bedrooms, open and contemporary kitchens, spacious living and working spaces, movie rooms and other common amenities to foster connection and interaction with housemates. We call them Macro Houses, where we create a unique space that is geared towards social living. After we design and construct the ideal house, we fill it with like minded housemates who want to meet new people and form meaningful friendships.
PLEASE NOTE: This apartment living is very different from traditional apartment living – Individuals can rent beds in dorm-style rooms and live communally- sharing bathrooms, kitchens, living spaces, with the other residents of the house.
Early Start Date: February 2nd, 2022
Latest Start Date: June 1st, 2022