- Openings 6
- Program length 12
- Start date Mid 2021
- Housing Company Provided
- Stipend $11.50/hour
- Reference # 3080
Step into the kitchen of a luxury hotel/resort and have the opportunity to learn from best chefs in the American hospitality industry. Through the J-1 program, you will rotate to different stations, acquiring the skills and techniques necessary to take the culinary world by storm. This rotational program is designed to give you exposure to the international hospitality industry and give you the experience needed to excel in your career when you return to your home country.
- Garde Manger Procedures and Techniques
Following the completion of Phase 1, the intern will have the opportunity to continue training in Garde Manger or the Cold Kitchen. Knowledge of this kitchen is essential for a culinary career as it promotes direct relationships with key staff in the kitchen, stewarding, purchasing and storeroom areas.
- Hot Kitchen Mastery Training
This phase will introduce the intern to the different hot line positions in the kitchen. The intern will improve fundamental skills in line production, prioritization of work load, protein storage, protein cooking, vegetable cooking, sautéing and braising as well as ordering, kitchen maintenance, menu development and theories. The intern will also improve production, timing and plating skills that can only be experienced in high-volume restaurants.
- Bakery Training
The intern will be assigned hands-on activities related to the Production Kitchen, learning the hotel’s bakery needs and operations. The intern will improve on existing skills in planning, preparation and execution of different dessert creations in a high volume hotel setting
- Restaurant Rotation – Plated Desserts
The intern will be assigned hands-on activities related to the hotel’s restaurant outlets and Plated Desserts operations. The intern will take part in high volume banquets and catering events and will get the opportunity improve on but not limited to time management, team work and attention to detail, as well as leadership skills.
The perfect candidate:
- Good communication skills in English
- Willingness to learn and follow instructions
- Positive attitude
- Commitment to delivering high levels of customer service
- Maintain a polished and professional appearance and follow Hotel grooming standards;
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
- Ability to work calmly in a fast paced work environment while meeting deadlines.
- This is a 12-month program position
- Situated on the shores of Lake LBJ, just 45 minutes from Austin, Horseshoe Bay Resort is an AAA four-diamond lake and golf resort offering luxurious accommodations, family friendly amenities and world-class golf in the heart of the Texas Hill Country
Physically Demanding positions
- 50% standing
- 50% walking
- Frequent reaching, stretching, bending, lifting
Latest Start date: August 15th 2021