- Openings 5
- Program length 12
- Start date Late 2022
- Housing Participant Arranged
- Stipend $12.50/hour
- Reference # 7796
A Baton Rouge-based restaurateur team have opened Junior’s on Harrison, a family-friendly, modern American restaurant in the former Cava location in Lakeview. Nick Hufft and Lon Marchand, New Orleans locals that run two eateries and a mobile creamery in Baton Rouge, snagged Jacob Cureton as head chef, who most recently ran the kitchen at local brunch favorite Atchafalaya.
Hufft and Marchand bill Junior’s as a “strangely familiar neighborhood joint” serving starters like a weekly rotating seafood. Designed by Hufft and Marchand with local architecture firm Studio Cicada, the renovation of the former Cava space was fairly extensive, resulting in a light-filled, landscaped interior. A huge whicker light fixture hangs over the open lunch counter at the entrance, leading to a dining room with natural woods, blue and grey leathers, marble touches, and greenery.
Training Plan Phases Summary:
- Garde Manger Procedures and Techniques
- Hot Line Production and Operational Mastery
- Culinary Supervisor Phase
The perfect candidate is:
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and interact professionally with guests and other employees
- Customer service personality
- Strong work ethic
- Willing to work cooperatively as part of team
- Interns Only!
- Cultural activities will be provided
- Whether this is your first time to New Orleans or you’re a seasoned visitor, the city’s invigorating spirit is sure to inspire, captivate and motivate you to jump in and see and do so much. With so many options and many things to do all the time, narrowing the playing field can be a challenge. Think of it this way: divide how much time you have by what your priorities are – history, art, music, culture, and on and on – and then add in a little time for the spontaneous joy that is the Crescent City’s calling card. Subtract a few hours for sleep, multiply your dining pleasure by at least three times a day, and you have the perfect equation for an amazing New Orleans experience.
- Multiple Festivals, Historical Sites, superb theatre, concerts and fairs.
- Participant Arranged Housing
- $380 – $950 per month per participant
Earliest Start Date: November 7th, 2022
Latest Start Date: December 7th, 2022