- Openings 4
- Program length 12
- Start date Mid 2022
- Housing Participant Arranged
- Stipend $7.25/hour
- Reference # 7542
A towering icon within a vibrant Central Business District, Fairmont Austin is uniquely located amid the lush greenery of Palm Park and Waller Creek and directly connected to the Austin Convention Center. Opened in March 2018, the 37-story luxury hotel features 1,048 richly appointed guest rooms and suites with picturesque vistas of Lady Bird Lake, a dramatic cityscape and the State Capitol. Guests can indulge in exquisite dining, a pampering spa and state-of-the-art meeting facilities. Fairmont Austin engages guests with the city’s famed music scene, as well as the area’s celebrated cuisine and diverse artistic lifestyle.
Step into the kitchen of a luxury hotel/resort and have the opportunity to learn from best chefs in the American hospitality industry. Through the J-1 program, you will rotate to different stations, acquiring the skills and techniques necessary to take the culinary world by storm. This rotational program is designed to give you exposure to the international hospitality industry and give you the experience needed to excel in your career when you return to your home country.
Training Plan Phases Summary:
- Restaurant – Front of House Operations Training
- In Room Dining Experience Training
- Banquets/Events Service Management
- Restaurant Supervisor Shadowing Phase
The perfect candidate is:
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and interact professionally with guests and other employees
- Customer service personality
- Strong work ethic
- Willing to work cooperatively as part of team
- This is a 12-month program position.
- Cultural activities will be provided.
- Participant Arranged Housing
- $500 – $1382 / Month / Sharing
Early Start Date: June 1st, 2022
Latest Start Date: December 10th, 2022